Public Records

Yamhill Carlton Schools is committed to ensuring access to information concerning district actions, policies and the details of educational and business operations. To assist in providing swift and appropriate access the district has categorized frequently requested information below:

District Report Cards: They are kept and updated on THIS PAGE for your convenience. You can also view directly from the source HERE

Public Records Request: 
The content shared throughout the social media channels ran and controlled by YC Communications office and is considered public records and therefore archived. You can request Public Records by filing out this form.

Images have media release permission forms approved, ensuring that the release of person was granted (Parents are required to either approve or deny that images/videos to be taken of their child before the beginning of every school year. We have a list that is checked before any content of a student is published throughout the channels). 

The Yamhill Carlton School District strictly follows the FERPA and COPPA laws. The federal student privacy laws that regulate privacy and protect sensitive data are best known as FERPA and COPPA. FERPA, or the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, protects the privacy of student education records. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) addresses the protection of data for children under the age of 13. Both laws focus on the ongoing and ever-evolving challenge of protecting student data privacy that we take very serious here at YC. (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99).

Student Transcript Requests: 

For elementary and intermediate, upon leaving YC to attend another school, that other school district will be responsible for requesting the records from us. No action is needed by the parents/student. You can, however, request the withdrawal of the records in situations where that is directly needed. You would fill out THIS FORM to request a Withdrawal of Student Records.

For high school: If a family has moved to a different district and needs a copy of student's high school transcript and vaccination, they would need to go to the Counseling office at the high school or email that department. After said student registers at new school, the new school will request the rest of the student's records. We will mail student records to the new school after we have received a records request by the other school district. To request the withdrawal of the records in situations where that is directly needed, please fill out the Withdrawal of Student Records form.

Education Verifications: Please fax a request from your company and a signed release from the former student (signature can be electronic) to 503.662.4931.